Thursday, November 11, 2010

Deceptively Delicious

I'm not all Sugar, goodies and bad buttery foods. I am a mom who is trying everything in my power to get my 3 year old to eat her broccoli. She is going through a typical phase of "what is that tiny green thing in my spaghetti sauce?" resulting with picking it aside and wiping on the side of her plate or to the dog. I happen to come across this amazing cook book written by Jessica Seinfeld. Apparently I am not the only mom repeatedly saying at the dinner table "Eat your veggies" I am going to rate her book a 10\10. I love everything about it. easy recipes, child friendly and not only that I can sneak vegetables into mine and my husbands food as well. The trick of Jessica's is to puree' all the veggies and camouflage them into her kids meals. Perfect for our family especially with having a 10 month old with no teeth pureeing may be a better approach to feeding the little munchkin instead of the preservative stuffed baby food. Off I went to walmart purchased a vegetable steamer( the best creation on earth)....makes life so easy, purchase cauliflower, carrots, broccoli, sweet potatoes to start.



how to puree:

Steam veggies to get them soft

then chopped up tiny and put in a blender or food processor to puree,

then off to the freezer in portions to slip in the next family meal.

Tip for mama's with babies** use a ice cube tray and fill with different puree's and thaw out and warm up for your babies next meals. Tastes way better than the canned stuff.
Last night I had a smirk on my face during supper time watching my family eat their entire plate of Beef skillet pasta. I snuck some pureed Carrots into the sauce and nobody noticed. Mission accomplished Now I can sleep tight knowing my plan worked and my little ones are filled with vitamins. Love this book!!

No comments:


LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails